Modular Vertical DBS Cage System
Cages That Set the Standard
Chore-Time’s Modular Vertical Dropping Board Scraper (MVDBS) System offers egg producers the outstanding production performance they expect from Chore-Time, plus greater shipping simplicity, easier assembly and repair, and improved egg roll-out – all in an economical cage system that meets current bird space standards.
Chore-Time cages are quality-built in North America. Solid construction and heavy-duty materials combine with our innovative design for years of superior performance.
Composite Mesh Floor
A composite mesh floor helps lower mortality by using a tighter mesh spacing where birds stand, coupled with a more open spacing in other sections of the floor.
Cage Door Latch
Chore-Time’s metal door latch offers true one-handed operation. Its positive lock means chickens don’t get out.
Other Cage Features
- Cages are available in 3-high to 12-high models in cage rows up to 520 feet (160 meters) long; walkways and/or step rails are easily integrated.
- Dual floor slope improves egg roll-out, and distance from cage to egg tray helps protect eggs from bird damage.
- Modular design features individual cages instead of eight-foot (2.4-meter) cage sections – makes cage replacement and dropping board access easier.
- Easy assembly features innovative interlocking parts, and requires fewer rings.
- Full-front horizontal cage door provides easier, more comfortable access to feed and to the cage interior.
- For even greater durability, cages and structural components are manufactured using all galvanized steel construction and Galfan® cage floors.*
- Flexible cage floor’s tighter mesh spacing in bird standing area is better for birds’ feet.
- Mesh partitions improve ventilation.
- Floor support is simple solid rod construction. Does not require constant end-row tension.
- System is covered by Chore-Time’s generous cage warranty and solid backing. (See Chore-Time’s full written warranty for complete warranty details.)
Gentle Egg Collection with Accurate Counting
Chore-Time’s ULTRA-LIFT® XL Egg Collection System is the ideal system to insure a safe trip for the egg all the way from the hen to the cross conveyor.
ULTRA-LIFT® XL Features
- Each cage row has its own set of egg-handling baskets.
- No timing devices are needed.
- Eggs are handled individually for minimal egg-to-egg contact.
- Discharge heights are variable.
- Requires less space at the end of the cage row than other collectors.
- Eggs are transferred to cross conveyor by gravity and a unique rotation of the baskets.
- Slack belt switch automatically maintains proper egg belt tension and prevents system failure.
- Proven egg counting system is accurate to within 0.5%.
*Galfan is not owned or licensed by CTB, Inc. and is the sole property of its respective owner.
Chore-Time’s TURBO HOUSE® Environmental System with dropping board scrapers offers a proven way to a better cage house environment and to greater profits. Used properly, a TURBO HOUSE® System can improve bird health, egg production, and feed conversion while lowering manure moisture content.
TURBO HOUSE® System Features
- Cleaner more dust-free air inside and outside the house.
- Uniform temperatures throughout the cage house.
- Rolling ramp inlet automatically adjusts to weather conditions.
- Fresh air enters through house attic and is distributed evenly over birds.
- Spent air exits through slot under cages and dries manure in the pit.
- Can be used with either curtain back or dropping board cage systems.
- Ideal for the fully-enclosed houses typical of cooler climates.
- Provides cooling and added profitability in warm climates with proper house construction.
- Positive pressure unit keeps fans clean and efficient.
- Fans in negative pressure system are easily accessed for service and cleaning.
- Bird body weight and feed intake do not suffer from temperature variations.
- Improved egg size and production.
- Enhanced manure drying and handling and reduced odor.
- Light restriction capabilities.